Wednesday 1 July 2009

Everything Connected

.

.
I made this illustration a while ago, for Amelia's Magazine. The brief was to make an image on the theme 'Everything is Connected', with an environmental angle.
.
Because I love fractal patterns, they usually just grow on their own once I start drawing. They were especially suitable for this picture. I had done a similar mural in the past, with foetuses and animals enclosed in cocoons within a large pattern, so I just took that idea and refined it a little and shrunk it down. I only recently started doing colour illustrations, so here I was quite careful with the colours; a little too careful, perhaps. The piece didn't make it into the magazine on account of not being colourful enough.
As always, you can click on the image to have a closer look at it.
.
I cannot recommend Amelia's Magazine enough. Apart from being a good read and a showcase of wonderful illustration, it's also a good place to submit work to, for illustrators and graphic designers. They have open submissions regularly and the briefs are really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment